CRITERIAEMERGE Montgomery’s Torchbearer’s Class is a skills-oriented, experiential leadership development program designed to involve, inform and increase the awareness of selected participants through interaction with community decision-makers. Application does not guarantee selection. Class size is up to 40 participants for each class. Class member selection is based on the following criteria:
- Diverse group of emerging leaders (22-40)
- High standards of personal integrity
- Demonstrated community involvement or aspirations to become more involved
- Record of school, career, or personal achievements
- Commitment of necessary time and effort to complete the program
- Representation from a cross-section of the population (occupation, race, gender, achievements, community involvement, ect.)
- Applications are confidential, but EMERGE reserves the right to use information submitted for printed materials, should you be selected for the class. To ensure that those selected reflect the diversity of the community, applicants will be asked to specify their gender, race, and/or ethnicity.
(Tuition is generally paid by the employer. An extremely limited number of half scholarships are available in special cases such as for those who work for non-profit agencies, or those who are self-employed.)
If accepted into the program, the applicant or his/her employer/sponsor will be billed for the tuition, which will be due prior to the class orientation/reception. Tuition is currently $1,675 and it covers program costs, transportation, lodging, printed materials, staff time and most food. Tuition is non-refundable, in whole or in part, in the event the applicant fails to complete the program due to non-attendance or for other reasons. Tuition is subject to change. To request a scholarship application, please contact us at email@example.com.
To graduate from EMERGE Montgomery’s Torchbearers Leadership Class, a participant is expected to attend all sessions. You are allowed to miss up to 1.5 class days to graduate from the leadership program.
Tentative Torchbearers Leadership Class Day Schedule 2016
- Tuesday, March 29th -2:00 pm – 6:30 pm – Orientation (required)
- Thursday, April 21st - Friday, April 22nd – Overnight Retreat (required)
- Tuesday, May 3rd, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 14th, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 12th, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 9th, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 6th, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 11th, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Program Wrap Up
- Tuesday, November 1st - Project Presentations (required/half day)
- Tuesday, November 8th - Noon - Graduation Luncheon (required)
Online Application Link
Six Reasons You Should Apply (105 KB)
TB Class VIII Application Form (475 KB)
Torchbearers Nomination Form (91 KB)